Well, here we are again, Monday.
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and are ready for the week to come. Here’s a little reminder for you, too. Some of my favorite photos are just little shots from the sky above, and this was one of the views I had last week when walking home from work. Cheers to you all, and to my fellow teachers in Spain as we get through exams and the final bit of the year. be back soon! xx
Mondays are hard. As I type this post, I’m very torn between hopping back into bed or heading to the gym — and oh so grateful my schedule allows such an option. I forgot to bring my camera to the beach this weekend, so I’ve only got a few shots from my phone to remember the relaxing days on the beach. Nonetheless, it was was a wonderful trip, and just what I needed to push me through the last three weeks of classes.
P.S. Has anyone else gotten into this application? I just discovered it this week, and I love it!
1. A lovely scene on the street last thursday, when there was a city-wide holiday.
2. Sometimes up is the best place to look.
3. Roasted cherry tomatoes are my favorite quick-fix for a salad.
4. Discovered the most delicious bar in triana with a friend. their menu mainly consists of cheese, so I’m in.
5. Feria de Córdoba, por fín! Olé!
6. I try to buy flowers every week. it brightens up the apartment and just makes me feel happier.
7. A little tapita of galician octopus, one of my favorites.
8. Another week, some more flowers.
9. A deliciously (cheesy) salad.
10. Pretty flowers on a beautiful day.
11. Pablo made his rice while christina was visiting. It is a Sunday tradition after all, and she needed to try one more Spanish dish before leaving!
12. A light dinner.
13. A perfect little plaza.
14. There are few things better than an early breakfast in the sun. Even better when you’re five minutes away from the beach.
15. I spy a lemon!
16. Our first weekend trip the beach. Hello, summer!
17. A pretty plant in Chiclana.
18. Some pretty little tiles in Triana.
happy summer, everyone! xx
The Plaza de España, and the beautiful Parque de María Luisa that surrounds it, is one of my favorite parts of Sevilla. Even on a cloudy day, it shines a little brighter than the rest of the city.
And on a day when you have a visitor, it’s the loveliest stop to make.
Cheers to a special visitor from Nebraska, a little walk around the park and a weekend of catching up with an old friend.
1. A wonderful gin-strawberry-fizzy goodness concoction.
2. My favorite person.
3. Delicious anchovies on toast.
4. Surprise birthday party was a success.
5. Cold beer on one of the first sunny days in Seville.
6. The upside to having to wait an hour and a half to pick up my Spanish residency card (!!!!!) = an hour and a half long breakfast at this bar.
7. I make this pizza crust again and again, and it hasn’t failed me yet.
8. A day of dumplings.
9. Simple dinners are the best.
10. Morning run.
11. Sunday tradition.
12. Loved looking up at Feria.
13. And loved going with this boy.
14. Looking up again.
15. Well, really just looking everywhere.
16. Dressed like a gitana!
Sleeping in late, procrastinating work until quiet Sunday mornings, pancakes for breakfast, walking around the city, having long lunches, and, when things are just right, meeting an old friend for an afternoon of cañas, cheese and catching up. I met up with Caroline a while back, but just got around to finding these photos. What a lovely Saturday it was — I can still hear our laughs outside that little packed Spanish bar.
And now, back to Monday, a day for remembering the weekend and longing for the next!
1. A big, fat steak with potatoes in Glasgow.
2. Before the before mentioned meat were the best ice-cold oysters I’ve ever had.
3. View of Glasgow.
4. Death by chocolate.
5. Showing some visitors around Plaza de España on a sunny morning.
6. Nothing brightens up the apartment more than fresh flowers from the nearby market.
7. Asparagus soup. Hello, spring!
8. My new working grounds, La Macarena.
9. Part of the University of Sevilla.
10. Rainy days on the bus.
11. The best tortilla I have ever made to date! Hey, it’s the little victories that matter.
12. Sunshine and little streets = perfection.
happy weekend, everyone!